Wednesday 16 January 2008

About Morrison

Morrison and his girlfriend, Krista, came round for an exceedingly chilled lunch the other day, which made me feel guilty I haven't written about him yet, particularly as he is possibly one of my favourite people in the whole wide world.

I met him through work in the heady dot.com boom days when BMPinterAction, where we worked, was the kick-ass digital agency in London (though obviously I would say that).

He was notably hyperactive and was also very rude to me within days of joining. He said I dressed completely "village", as in, like a girl who'd just come to the big smoke from a sleepy rural backwater, and hadn't got a clue. Obviously, it was true, and I remember being taken aback at his effrontery, but also thinking how I really didn't give a shit (let's face it, I've never been a snappy dresser.)

Us being friends kind of took off from there.

It's not just that Morrison is cool, interesting, clever and witty.
Nor is it that he's gregarious and intensely social*
It's that Morrison talks to everyone on the same level without judgement, and brings you into his wonderful world in a charmingly elevating way.

In short, a lovely guy.



*yup - cheap malcolm gladwell reference to a connector. incidentally, morrison is also a total maven, as in "one who accumulatesd knowledge.

No comments: