Friday 19 January 2007

About Caroline M and Ben


Caroline is one of my babymomma friends. I met her when her son Benjamin was in the neo-natal unit at the Whittington. She was the first mum to speak to me - we were both tanking our boobs in the pump room. I remember feeling in awe and slightly jealous of the amount of milk she produced (which now I think about it shows that my anxiety about not producing enough milk to feed Jazzie started very early.)

I liked her immediately - it's impossible not to, she's warm, open, friendly and looks like an angel. Green is also her favourite colour. In short, one of Life's Good People. We swapped stories - this was her second pregnancy too, and although it has a fab outcome, her journey to having him was both traumatic and very sad. Her first pregnancy ended in a far more difficult way than our miscarriage, but I still feel that we share something similar and we talk about it sometimes.

The main thing of note about Caroline is that she is an unbelievably good mother. A real natural. I mean the living incarnation of supermum. Benjamin is the happiest and most easy-going baby ever and takes to pretty much everything (e.g. sleeping through after about 3 months!!!!!) like a duck to water. In all the times we've been out together I've not once see him so much as whimper in protest to his surroundings. I'm convinced its because he just picks up on Caroline's chilled out vibe.

Benjamin was born on 20th April at 29 weeks (I think). That makes him 3 weeks younger than Jazzie, if you catch my drift. He is Jazzie's second boyfriend - here they are holding hands. Zayne - more about him later - simply got there first but shhhhh, don't tell Benjamin until he's at least 18 and shame on you Jazzie for being such a baby hussy.

No comments: