Monday 29 January 2007

Last week of freedom

The lovely Jazzie bird slept like the proverbial from 7pm last night to 4.45am this morning. I was dead to the world and couldn't get up even if I wanted to so we just let her whimper for about 45 mins then woke her up at 7am to feed her. Felt a twinge of guilt when I noticed her sleeve was dripping in saliva where she had chewed on it, and she was ravenously hungry, but generally am very pleased that she managed to hold on.

The next few days represent my last week of freedom before I return to work part time. I'm not nervous any more, and think I'm really going to enjoy it. The other good news is I'm not ill, haven't got a period any more, and don't have anything urgent that needs to be done. So true to form I went back to bed for a lie in this morning - and slept until midday.

Whoops...

I'm refusing to feel too bad about wasting half the day away because I reckon this is the last time for at least 10 years I'm going to be able to do that. I might as well enjoy it. And right now I feel refreshed, and, um, really happy, for the first time in days, so it's definitely been worth it.

I'm totally sleep obsessed aren't I?

No comments: