Saturday 27 January 2007

I want a chuftie badge

Today boyfie woke in a grizzle with toothache, so he was in pain and fed up. There's not much he can do to find out about his bad tooth until Monday, and having spent a whole week feeling exactly the same, only for very different reasons, I thought I would just try and cheer him up.

Seeing as he was a bit inconsolable I didn't fancy my chances much at lifting his spirits myself so I told him to just do his favourite things today, citing playing PS2, going to the golf range, playing guitar and eating yummy food. What I omitted to do, like Keira Knightley in Pirates of the Carribean, was to be more specific about my terms. Like how much PlayStation was acceptable and whether doing fun stuff also excluded any parental responsibility.

So I found myself, doing, well pretty much everything to do with Jazzie today with the exception of 3 nappies. And I cooked lunch, and did a load of washing, and unloaded the dishwasher and washed all the pans from last night's dinner and washed all the pans again after lunch and managed to keep up a lively stream of conversation with my mum, who was here for a visit, without snapping. I have been (cue fanfare) SooperGirrrllll today.

Now I'm absolutely cream crackered knackered. And I estimate that today boyfie has played PS2 for about 2 hours, went to driving range for 1 hour, played guitar for about 1/2 hour, did some work this morning for about 1 hour and napped for about 1 hour. That's 5 and 1/2 incredible hours of boyfried time. I can't remember the last time I had 5 and 1/2 hours spare like that. But then boyfie doesn't normally have 5 and 1/2 hours spare like that either. It's normally about 3 hours. And at the weekend I always sleep for an extra hour than him, so it's more like 2 hours. But think about it - 2 WHOLE HOURS SPARE EACH DAY, which for us is Fri thru' Sun, which makes 6 WHOLE HOURS SPARE EVERY WEEKEND.

So, as you can see, I'm quite torn between feeling like I've been a good girlfriend, by giving dp a day off really, and feeling a bit pushover-unappreciated and like I've amassed a huge, 8 months x 4 weeks x 6 hours time debt. I got a lovely thank you for making lunch from dp, but I think the rest of the days' (weeks'/ months' etc.) effort has gone unnoticed.

in summary: I WANT A CHUFTIE BADGE

No comments: