Thursday 15 March 2007

No more hoovering, ever

Thursday 15th March

Bam-jeans did a big vomit all over our bed as I was feeding her this morning. Her head was just covered in smelly milky upchuck. Poor bf, who desperately needed a lie in, had to get up to scrub the mattress and change the sheet. I hope it's not the start of a virus as we are planning to go to the West Country tonight, to see the folks and chill out for the long weekend.

Jazzie has been fighting the snot monster again, so unbroken sleep has been scarce. Her 4 teeth are getting really sharp. She's started to get impatient with her feeding chair and her buggy and moans and wriggles after a few minutes in them. I guess she just wants to move - she's rotating round on her tummy and rolling over pretty much constantly, so I suspect she'll be crawling before her 1st birthday. She has also earned to pull my hair with renewed vigour, and pluck at vest straps. Today, she has mainly been saying aah-waah-aah-waah-aah-waah-aah-waah-aah-waah-waaah-waahh-waah over and over.

Mother's Day is this Sunday. May sound stoopid but I'm looking forward to it, being my first and all that.

Bf's birthday is next week. I ordered him a very funny card from Moonpig last week and now I've bloody gone and lost it. I suspect it ended up in the recycling bin. Not like me to be so careless but I have been a total zombie this week so anything could have happened.

Other stuff. Work was OK last week. Got stuff done. Met up with my friend Simon who's back in the UK after a 2-year sojourn in Sydney and that was very cool.

We haven't been up to much. Had some friends over for a very chilled lunch last Saturday. Watched a couple of films. I had a mammoth Spring cleaning fit last week and did the whole house. My back's been killing me ever since - I can barely carry the bub - so I've been popping painkillers about twice a day. I spoke to my mum and she told me, on doctor's orders, never to touch a hoover again. Advice like that I can handle.

No comments: