Wednesday 19 December 2007

Jasmine sports a pudding bowl

Jasmine had a a long overdue haircut last week. Only problem was I did a DIY pudding bowl job on her in the kitchen. Result was neat, but she just looked like a completely different girl. In Sampson-esque fashion, the haircut took any remnant of Jasmine the Baby away with it. In my view she simply looked like a toddler from the late 70s with a half grown mullet.

I've been feeling quite mortified and guilty since. I carry very sore memories of having to sport home haircuts as a teenager and suffering shameful and cruel teasing as a result. I resolved NEVER to inflict the same on any child of mine. I realise obviously that I failed at the first hurdle and fear this is a terrible sign of more broken resolutions to come when Jasmine eventually turns 13.

That said - I've just about got used to it now and think she looks kinda cute in a cool, retro way.

A whole week of desperate post justification has nothing to do with the change in attitude, of course.

No comments: