Tuesday 16 September 2008

Fabulous Present Time

Just as post-holiday blues were beginning to settle in got a surprise delivery from Amazon addressed to Jasmine & Felix. The brain immediately starts ticking into overtime - who's it from? what's the occasion? what (book) is it? - and am totally perplexed as there are no birthdays due and none of the rellies really use the internet for shopping, so I rip it open and the Mary Dude has only gone and sent one OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER. Immediately I am transported back to my childhood, snuggling up in my mum's bed poring over Richard Scarry pictures. I am resolved to put it on the highest bookshelf so I can and keep it for me, me, me... (no, not really).
The thing is, I can't for the life of me work out why she is sending us the present. Apparently it's for a nice day out at Fowey, but she was the one who drove herself and the delicious Baby Kate (aka Dudetta, aka Kate-o-Rama, aka Kate-o-Matic) all the way out to Fowey to meet us and we end up getting the present?

Friends, sigh. They're Bloody Wonderful.

No comments: