Thursday 12 February 2009

Has it really come to this?

Witching hour approaches 'il est trois heures' and despite telling myself it will be OK, clearly I am suicidal by about 3.04pm. But no matter, because the shit shield goes up, I ignore Felix (crying), Jasmine (whining), the telephone (my mum) and look forward to the solace of Countdown. Until bloody hell there's no fucking Sky signal. And this is a problem I instinctively know can be fixed by a touch of a button, but I'm arsed if I know which button. And after switching off/ switching on/ plugging out/ plugging back in again returns zero results the awful realisation dawns that I used to be a person who knew how to work a TV, and a video, and a PC, and then, that person met a guy and working a TV, or a video, or a PC no longer was a means to an end, but *with flourish* a CHALLENGE. To be MASTERED. And it got so dull I just backed off and let the guy do his stuff, for about 6 years. And then technology changed and now it's all spaghetti wires to me and oh my God have I really turned into that woman who can't even work a fucking TV???

The thing is, I really really need my Countdown fix. It's the only time of the day I use so much as half a brain cell.


addendum: according to this it's probably due to the snow outside so now i feel a little bit less stupid (as in, at least i still know how to work Google) but only just.

No comments: