Tuesday 24 February 2009

Sackboy has arrived

Bloody Royal Mail have been totally crap at delivering my Amazon book. Firstly, it's way late. And when it does arrive I get not one but two slips saying it's too big for the letterbox but the lazy post-person can't be bothered to fill out any of the boxes telling me where it is, when to expect it and whether to wait for redelivery or go to the sorting office.

Eventually, I schlepp to the sorting office. Illegal parking. Kids screaming in car. Huge queue. Yadda. Who needs this? Until the parcel ain't no Amazon book, but some mystery white box from abroad.

Get home, rip it open in anticipation and... (Caveat: Polly Filler moment will ensue. Apologies in advance to anyone, like me, who thinks exclamation marks should be banned from copy)

...I have a sackboy! I have a sackboy! I HAVE A SAAAACK BOYYYY!!!!!

And not just any sack boy.

Custom-made, hand-knitted, all the way from Hong Kong!!!!!!!
And it comes complete with beret, tie, shoes and boa.


The story behind sackboy is that as soon as I discovered the cute little blighters had been translated into a knitting pattern by renowned soft toy designer Alan Dart, I politely asked (=instructed) my incredibly talented French friend, Jessica (otherwise known as La Gitane in London Bridge, currently masquerading as a monkey) who just happened to have taken up knitting last year, to knit me one.

And she did!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica now officially tops the global cool list. Well ahead of Arsene Wenger. Sliding past Nelson Mandela. Move over Thierry Henry, there's a new dude in town.

Two most excellent pieces of post in a week. How sick is that?

No comments: