Monday 24 March 2008

Blissed out at 5 weeks

Easter Monday. Felix is 5 weeks old today. Hurrah. England has been hit by "freak" snowstorms at Easter again, yawn... but Jambeans did build her first snowman with daddy so that made it pretty cool.

Boyfried's 2 weeks' of holiday end today and he's back to work tomorrow. Boo hiss. I guess that means my time being a babymomma at home starts properly then. It hasn't really struck me until now what it's going to be like, I just hope I don't get lonely and bored, which can easily happen. I suppose I'm not really worrying about it today because my mum has got some holiday she needs to use up so is coming to visit for another couple of days so I will have company.

Sis came round on Easter Saturday, and we did our big roast and cake pig out then, and she and I were silly all day. She invented this game where you draw out famous film characters or scenes on the Super Scribbler and let everyone guess what it is, and we thought it was brilliant and did lots of crap drawings, and laughed and laughed and laughed like silly buggers. Then bf decided he had become a professional meteorologist overnight, and after taking a 2 second look at a satellite map, decided the snow and rain would clear for long enough for us to go for a walk, but inevitably it did snow and rain and sis and I were moaning and swearing under our breath and then sort-of-laughing some more, but bf and Jambeans loved it, and F-beans just slept through like a good bub.

If was bf's birthday on Friday - he turned 35 and looks younger but he still did the obligatory harrumphing about getting old. I had no idea what to get him - normally there's a thing that I know he could do with and I get him a nice one of those, but this year he's turned into the man who has everything. So I made him a little voucher booklet of pink passes for him to redeem over the year. Nothing too fancy - just 3 passes, 1 for a night off, 1 for a dinner date with me, 1 for a homemade cake. I got a bit stressed and stroppy the day before his birthday because I left the half finished 'artwork' (if you could call some text boxes in power point 'artwork') on the pooter screen and I'm sure he had a glimpse, not on purpose mind you, but it probably ruined the surprise anyway.

Hang on, I DID get him a thing... and I totally forgot. I have some brand new cufflinks for him upstairs. I better go and give them to him now. I have a brain like a sieve these days...

No comments: