Saturday 1 March 2008

Two steps forward, one step back

I was recovering super well from the op, so last Monday, merely one week after Felix was sprung from my tummy, I suggested an outing to the Temple of Carluccio in Brent Cross. So we bundled the F-bean into the car and set off for a potter, some damn fine Italian food and a wee bit of retail therapy. Admittedly I felt tired before I got there, and I was kind of shuffling but I had no other sign to tell me that I was overdoing it...

Until the evening, when my tummy and scar area got really sore. Then, when I tried to stand up I experienced a prickling and intense burning pain that was so severe I couldn't stop myself from crying out. I couldn't move for fear of the sensation returning - it felt really hot and my first thought was that I was bleeding from my scar, and then I thought it must be really bad bruising, but a quick examination from Doctor Boyfried showed me that whatever pain I was experiencing was all on the inside, rather than at the surface of my skin.

So the pain kept coming back intermittently, and I kept crying out, and then I started crying because I was totally bricking myself - fearing all sorts of internal-ER-disaster-type-shennanigans - but even though I was in total agony and could barely move for pain, the fact that I wasn't bleeding was the only thing that stopped me from urging bf to bundle up the kiddiwinks and rush me to A&E.

We rode out the night, and bf helped me out with the bub-feeding duties and I still felt sore on Tuesday but thankfully there no more burning pain. So since then I've been attempting total bed rest, which means my only tasks are to feed Felix and get myself washed and dressed in the morning. Bf has been chief housewife and Jambeans-after-looker and Grandma arrived yesterday to meet the bub and lend a hand, which has been great.

But I am rather bored. And I miss playing with Jambeans. And she only wants Grandma - who she called 'Mamgar' and Daddy (in that order) for cuddles, so I'm feeling guilty for not being able to spend enough time with her, and a bit put out that I am number 3 on the list.

No comments: