Sunday 24 February 2008

Feeling warm and fuzzy

I'm feeling that fuzzy maternal glow, for the first time properly since the birth I think. With Jasmine the emotion all came out in a flood whereas this time round it's more of a steady trickle, if that makes sense. I'm sure it's got to do with the difference between first and second time. But also because Jambeans' birth was quite traumatic and it sharpened the emotions even more.

In the first day or two after Felix was born I confess I was a bit worried that the goofy 'mommy smile' and sense of elation were somewhat missing, but they're definitely there now. I spoke to bf about it this evening and he said he understood and felt the same way, so it's all good.

Grandpa and Special Auntie Lynne - Bf's dad and his partner - are in London so they came round today to wet the baby's head. I think I overdid it yesterday and was in quite a bit of post-op agony this morning. The pain was excruciating so before they were due I was behaving like a bit of a bitch to the bf if the truth be told. He was as calm and understanding as ever which, for anyone who knows what a cow I can be when I put my mind to it, makes me realise that he is too good to be true.

Shortly after our guests arrived I excused myself to have a lie down when Jasmine had her nap. They were totally understanding so I got some much needed kip and woke up feeling like a normal, friendly human being again. We had a lovely family day. Felix and Jasmine have both been darlings. My post-op pain has subsided for the time being. And I'm feeling fuzzy.

All is good in babymomma land.

No comments: