Sunday 24 February 2008

Success is...

I caved in and cried last night during the graveyard shift. Felt like a total failure - not because I didn't know how to look after the bub, but for letting the tears spring forth and not fighting them back harder. The bf got up to rescue me - because he's a darling - and compared to his calm heroism I felt soft and flabby. Yes literally, but metaphorically too. Blubbing makes me the kind of person who doesn't win us wars.

Found this Winston Churchill quote on La Gitane's Hong Kong blog entry "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with enthusiasm" and I've been trying to live up to it. She also called another blog entry It's all coming back to me. I just keep thinking how similar the titles are but how completely different the experience. Had you asked me at 4am I would have permanently swapped places with her in an instant, even if it meant having Krusty as your boyfriend ;-)

2 comments:

Mat Morrison said...

The Churchill quote calls to mind Boris Johnson's words on being sacked as Shadow Minister for the Arts, "My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities.

And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters."

Of course, on looking at this, that's not what I meant to write at all. Highly inappropriate. Still, Boris makes me happy, so I thought I'd share the happiness.

Nupur said...

bless you Mat. Did you know Boris Johnson actually reminds me of you. But only in a good way ;-)