Tuesday 12 February 2008

you've come a long way baby

Nicki babymomma and I have been chatting about birthday parties, which reminded me that I made a cake a few weeks ago. It was delivered complete with whipped cream and raspberry topping. The look I was aiming for was something akin to the cake in the Kate Nash 'Fingertips' video (the one where her selfish, alcoholic boyfriend keeps nicking the strawberries that are sitting in lovely-looking cream splodges.)

And I reckon I succeeded rather well. It was a joy to make, a joy to eat and a joy to behold. And it was surprisingly easy (all praise goddess Nigella.)


I feel like I have arrived in supermommy land and I can't wait till Jammie is old enough for us to do baking together. A great leap on from the disaster that was fairy cakes that we tried to make for Jasmine's first birthday.

No comments: