Monday 11 February 2008

One week left

Jambeans had a mild temperature last night and came into our bed to sleep where she did the sneakiest of landgrabs, managing to oblige me to "sleep" on a knife's edge worth of bed, where my trusty wedge pillow kept falling out and i wrestled between being too tired to go get it but too uncomfortable to sleep without it, and all the while Jambeans kept inching over slowly slowly slowly for snuggling.

I mean, the bed is HUGE, and I need space for two. How on earth did I lose out?

So I slept badly last night, and awoke in a mad panic about Mary & Leon's bub - which is nearly 3 weeks overdue - and scared that something was up. But Jade texted this morning to say midwife was doing daily checks so they are being well monitored, and I felt soooo relieved it's not true.

Only 1 week left before F-Day, thank god, as the discomfort of carrying the bump is really beginning to get to me. Sometimes it's OK, but if the bub is moving, or sitting particularly low then it's really uncomfortable. Simple things like making tea, or cooking all have to be done side-on now as well (Mr. Greedy style, which is exactly how I feel) as any pressure against my tummy from the worktops just hurts. And those bloody Braxton Hicks. When will they go away? And when will I stop waddling-shuffling? I want to walk straight!

What I need is a good bit of distraction so for this last week I have friends and visits a-plenty lined up, which will help fill the days.

No comments: