Tuesday 4 March 2008

Feeling hopeful

My one mission for Felix is for him to drink from a bottle - something we never managed to encourage Jambeans to do, despite numerous attempts. We used to joke we bought enough different shaped bottles and teats to open a shop. Well, the shop has come in handy and yesterday we offered Felix some EBM from a breast-shaped bottle that I have been hanging all my hopes on. A wonder-bottle.


The good news is that he guzzled all 70ml of it in about a minute. It was like watching someone down a pint.


So I started feeling quite hopeful and immediately imagined the perfect future where Felix would take to the bottle with zero fuss, and would switch between that and breast quite happily. Whereas the voice of reason, aka boyfried, kept saying 'Jambeans guzzled her first bottle like that, and look what happened' and then, slightly worriedly, 'if he rejects the breast, then I suppose it means formula from this age.' Inevitably, I got all snappy and pleaded with him to indulge me and my perfect future visions just for one night.

The not-so-good-news is that we had enough EBM stockpiled for Jambeans to last us forever, whereas to bottle feed Felix the way we want to involves me expressing milk. More time, more hassle, more sore boobs etc.


But defo worth it if it means Felix will drink from a bottle...

1 comment:

liney said...

Good luck with the bottle feeds N I hope Felix keeps up the good work xx