Wednesday 12 March 2008

First drops of formula

The bottle feeding has been going quite well. It's been about a week now and F-beans drinks quite happily from both breast and bottle. Since the bf has been home he has been giving the bub a night time bottle feed at around 10.30pm while I am in bed slowly drifting into a coma, and that helps me feel less tired. The thing that is really hard though is expressing enough milk during the day so he can have his night time feed of 120ml. And I've totally given up any hope of being able to stockpile any EBM in the fridge in case I get a pink pass one day.

Soooo, we bought a bit of formula to bulk up the EBM bottle. To my amazement the bf actually suggested it - I thought he would be dead against - but we gave EBM/formula mix to the bub last night and he drank it OK.

So it's all progressing well. The next part of the plan is for the bottle feed at night to act as the 'knockout' feed and make the bub sleep for at least 4 hours, but preferably 5 or 6. Hasn't worked at all so far, but I live in hope :-)

No comments: