Tuesday 10 April 2007

Weaned at 5 teeth - hurrah

OK - so it's been just under 2 weeks since Jasmine's been weaned completely. A big event, and one that had been weighing on my mind for weeks. I was absolutely dreading it but the advent of another tooth gave me the confidence boost I needed.

But it was remarkably easy, hence the radio silence up to this point. (Obviously, had it been a disaster, I would be keyboard whingeing faster than you could say "ow she bit my nipple again.")

On chosen W-day, we plonked her in her high chair before bath time and gave her a solemn and ceremonious last supper of porridge, which we wolfed down. Then biff baff. Then dressed. Then daddy gave her a bit more porridge in her room. Then straight to bed.

What didn't happen was any moaning, whingeing or whining.
No waking up in the middle of the night - rather she's slept better.
No rooting underneath my top.
No exploding boobs.
Then we weaned her off the morning feed a couple of days later.
Easy.
And since, she's actually started drinking milk from a cup again.
And letting me cradle her for cuddles.
And falling asleep in my arms.

(Which could well be because she's a bit ill again, but I let her do anyway, because I've missed out on 11 months of resistance and it's catchup time.)

What was all the stress about?

No comments: