Friday 27 June 2008

Fingers crossed for next week

In 90 minutes time we're going to leave for a week's holiday in the lakes with some uni friends of the bf. Fingers crossed it will be a watershed moment and we can leave this horrible, horrible week behind us. Felix rejected the bottle again last night, plunging me further into despair over my lack of freedom, and I couldn't sleep even when I had the opportunity. Today I am so tired I have been dry-wretching in the toilet bowl.

That said, it hasn't been a total nightmare. Despite the exhaustion had a lovely day on Wednesday when I went to work to introduce Felix to the lay-deez. Oh yes, and hand my notice in! (I have a new job which I start in October - 3 months' time - but more on that later...) And yesterday my lovely sis came to see me, and after the obligatory shouting match for the first hour we kissed and made up and then had a spankingly lovely day.

Can you believe it has taken me a whole day to pack for just 1 weeks' holiday? The scariest thing is my stuff fits into one small rucksack, but the car is jampacked full of all the kid stuff we seem to "need" these days.

1 comment:

The rat and the monkey said...

What's the job, what's the job?!