Tuesday 13 January 2009

In which bf follows the rules of engagement superbly

4th Jan 09

Last stop on the luxury birthday tour was Stonehenge.

Stonehenge. Sigh. Stonehenge on a crisp Winter's day. Deep Sigh.

Simply my favourite place in England.

Which makes it all the more fitting that bf proposed to me at Stonehenge.

It was very sudden, very short, very sweet and went something like this:

B: (carrying Jasmine, who is wriggling) Girlfried?

G: (a bit distracted. jiggles Felix up and down in the bub carrier) Yes?

slight pause

B: (with meaning) Girlfried. Will you marry me?

micro pause

G: (agog) Boyfried. (places hand on boyfried's arm) Are you seriously asking me to marry you?

Boyfried nods

G: (realisation dawns - this is one of those moments I'm going to remember for the rest of my life so I blurt out:) Of course I will. Of course I will.

Smiles. Kisses. Big family hug. Girlfried blubs copiously.
And the photo story goes something like this:
It was sub-zero so I put my cashmere gloves on Felix' feet to keep his tootsies warm. It looked so wrong. Like a mutant chicken. People would look and burst into hysterics. I had to take the gloves off in the end it got too much, so thankfully, Felix the mutant chicken-boy was not present when bf proposed, but Felix the gorgeous boy-bub witnessed it instead.

My engagement day. Jasmine still steals the show by looking cute. Typical.

Big grins, plus a pouty look from Jambeans.
Spot the almost honest woman on the right.

No comments: