Tuesday 13 January 2009

In which babymomma reminds everyone what the rules of engagement are

Rules of engagement:

1/ Don't leave it so late that I will be too old, fat and wrinkly and will look crap in the wedding photos.

If you leave it too late I will know you never planned it properly, ran out of time and popped the question at the 11th hour. In this scenario, the answer will be a firm no.

If you need more help in working this one out: getting married at 40 is way way way way way way too late for me to look good in photos, so deduct a good couple of years from that to work out when the latest you can propose is, and make sure you propose A LONG TIME before that.

2/ Don't go on bended knee.

3/ Don't buy me a ring. I'd like to have input.

That's it.

And he followed them perfectly. Mainly by not planning it in the slightest, but just seizing the moment when it came.

Lucky me.

1 comment:

The rat and the monkey said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!!!!! Well done boyfried and babymomma!