Thursday 15 February 2007

Car saga

The car accident is turning into a bit of a saga.

Basically, a couple of Saturdays ago, I was driving along a main residential road, when a car turning right out of a side street pulled out in front of me. He didn't see me, and I couldn't stop in time so we crashed.

It's clearly his fault. He admitted as much, but his insurance company told us last week that he is contesting liability. Dp called them to ask what his version of events was, and he's basically not telling the truth about where our cars were, and who was on the main road and who was on the side road. I'm so mad with him. When the accident happened I felt sorry for him because, even though it was his fault, I believe that a lapse in concentration can easily happen to anyone - it was his bad luck. Now I just feel stupid for ever having wasted my sympathy on him, and I'm totally angry with him for trying to lie.

Thnakfully, there is a witness who was kind enough to stop and gave his details in case we needed a 3rd party opinion. I didn't think that people did that these days, but he has restored my faith in humanity.

Our rubbish courtesy car (Nissan Micra - totally useless if you have a baby) has been replaced by a slightly less rubbish hire car (Citroen C3 - slightly less useless). It appears that our beloved car not only has damage to the bodywork (fender, headlight, front panels) but also to the suspension and steering.

The insurers want to write it off. So now we are shopping for a new car.

No comments: