Thursday 1 February 2007

Limbo princess

Grazyna, my cleaner, is back from her 2 week holiday today and I have a shiny clean house again. Hallelujah! Yesterday on Xfm Tomks did a text-in to the question 'what is the secret of a successful relationship' - my suggestion: if you can afford one, get a cleaner without delay.

Yesterday I reminded boyfried that we are equals again once I go back to work, and that the laundry-folding fairies, and dishwasher-loading fairies told me they are going to leave the house.

Jazzie's gone a bit bonkers this afternoon - she's alternately laughing, yelping, playing, smiling, laughing, yelping, playing, smiling and so on. Her normal sleeping/ eating patterns have gone haywire today so I couldn't for the life of me work out what was wrong. Did the usual 'hungry? check. wet nappy? check. too hot? check. sleepy? check.' to no avail until a sneaky eye rub helped me out. Right now she's manically and very loudly chewing herself to sleep on a muslin.

Weird baby.

Really enjoyed baby yoga today - I feel thoroughly stretched and relaxed. I forgot how much of a highlight to my week it is and have stopped worrying about the exorbitant price of parking. To be fair, I am lazy and could park 2 minutes up the road, for free, but no, I like to park right outside the front door. I'm just slightly worried about not being able to do other things (just the Jazzie princess and I) after I go back to work, bc Thursday is my only free day really and yoga is slap bang in the middle of the day. Maybe I will go alternate weeks.

Jazzie couldn't stop showing off her crabfish pose, which she can now do one-handed while the other hand variously grabs for things above her (toys, specs, hair - that kind of thing). She's only one hand away from being the world's youngest limbo princess.

No comments: