Friday 9 February 2007

Sick baby sick babymomma

Jazzie's conjunctivitis just seems to be getting worse and now she has a very painful cough and her nose is pouring rivers of snot again (after only a 2 day respite). She's febrile and earlier today had a tempertaure of 38.9 (and boyfie says I should add about 1 degree to axilla temperature) so that's pretty bad. She's alternated between pitiful bouts of crying and lethargy today, won't drink water (as per usual), is still eating but less heartily than normal, and has slept loads. She's so miserable - I just want to cuddle her all the time, and for once in her life she's quite happy to let me do that. She's even elected to fall asleep in my lap on a few occasions so she must be really sick.

Wouldn't be so bad, apart from the fact that some vicious flu-ey type virus got hold of me yesterday and I feel like death warmed up. No kidding. I think I have aged 40 years. My joints really ache, my back is hurting and I am all shivery cold cold cold cold cold (but boyfie says that tho' it may feel cold actually I am shivery hot hot hot hot hot and I am not allowed to wear snuggly slippers or 3 jumpers or cover myself in blankets which is torture for a coldophobic like me.) Worst of all is that my skin burns and is very sensitive to any kind of movement - not exactly helpful.

I just want to curl up into a ball and wait for it to pass but baby needs to be fed, cuddled, carried, reassured and she comes first. I feel really miserable and want to moan moan moan moan moan, and most of all just have a huge tantrum and crying fit, apart from the fact that I really don't have the energy and that I know it won't achieve anything.

Looking after a sick baby is hard work in itself but looking after a sick baby when you are sick yourself is the pits. What with car crashes, and bloody insurance people, and having to stay at home in my first week of work, and buckets of snow, and Jazzie being ill, and me getting the flu this is turning out to be one seriously crappy week.

No comments: